- Name Gailtaler Höhenweg (229)
- Lengte van pad 150 km, 93 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 10 dagen
- Start van pad Marchgraben
- Einde van pad Villach / Spittal an der Drau
- Traildino graad SW, Inspannende wandeling, bergpad
- Huttentrektocht graad T2, Bergtocht
Gailtaler Höhenweg, Marchgraben – Villach (southern variant) / Spittal an der Drau (northern variant), 90 km (150 km including the part in the Lienzer Dolomiten)
This high route runs more or less parallel to the Karnischer Höhenweg, but on the northern side. This is the Gailtaler Alps here, starting in the west with the dramatic Lienzer Dolomites, and running eastward till Villach.
The western part of the Gailtaler Höhenweg stays high up in the mountains, between 2.000 and 2.300 m, and lives up its name. The eastern part drops into a few valleys and is less frequented. One has the choice of either heading north towards Spittal, or south towards Villach.
In terms of technique, the trail is easy. You just need a good body and health.