- Name Tour du Morvan
- Lengte van pad 232 km, 144 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 12 dagen
- Start van pad Avallon
- Einde van pad Avallon
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
Tour du Morvan, 220 km
The circular trail in the Regional parc of the Morvan visites the six main lakes for which the region is renowned. Several variants are possible. The trail covers the best parts of the Morvan, including the summit of Mont Beuvray (821m), the very place where, in 52 BC, Vercingetorix was proclaimed head of the Gauls.
Alternatively, one can walk the GR13, running north-south. This is a different trail alltogether.
- Muresco Juni 2013
- Beoordeling 7
- Positief I liked being in the forests most of the time and the beauty of the area.
- Negatief The timber cutters make a mess of the trails when it is wet and make it hard to find and follow the trail markers . Maps and GPS are essential .