- Name Alföldi Kéktúra (AK)
- Lengte van pad 865 km, 537 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 35 dagen
- Start van pad Szekszárd
- Einde van pad Sátoraljaújhely
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
865 km, 35 days Szekszárd - Sátoraljaújhely (near Hollóháza)
Hungarian section of E7 between Szekszárd and Szeged, of E3 and E4 between Sátoraljaujhely and Biharkeresztes.
The Great Plain Blue Tour is the third of the Blue Tours. It was only completed in 2000. Refer to the Országos Kéktúra for an introduction on the Blue Tours.
Walking this 35-day 865-km long path means long hikes along straight roads, often sand. Mid-summer is not the best time to go out on this trail. Many people choose to bike this trail rather than hike.
The trail starts in Szekszárd where the Rockenbauer Pál Dél-dunántúli Kéktúra ends and then winds its way over the flat and hot plains of the Donau river. The end is in the border village (Romania) of Sátoraljaújhely where it meets the National Blue Trail.
- John P Juli 2017
- Beoordeling 7
- Positief If you want to avoid climbing mountains this (the Alfoldi Kektura) is the trail for you, although much is through agricultural land often on riverside embankments, it also includes a substantial forest and parts of the Koros-Maros National parks with interesting birds, wildflowers, deer and other animals. I enjoyed the little bars and villages on route. Visit nearby Debrecen and Szeged if you can.
- Negatief If you hike for the euphoria of reaching mountain tops and seeing the view, this is not the trip for you! Accommodation an issue in some places.