- Name Primorska Planinarska Transverzala (PPT)
- Lengte van pad 180 km, 112 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 10 dagen
- Start van pad Herceg-Novi
- Einde van pad Bar
- Traildino graad SW, Inspannende wandeling, bergpad
- Huttentrektocht graad T2, Bergtocht
180 km. Orjen, Lovcen, Rumija, 10 days
Six local mountaineering clubs worked together to create a long distance trail along Montenegro's mountainous coast, connecting the highest mountains, which reach up to 1894 m.
Length of the trail is 180 km. The terrain is karst, so you're in for a tough walk. To complete the trail, starting from Montenegro's western border (Herceg-Novi) and walking eastward high above the Adriatic, will take you 10 days. The trail is well marked, but strenuous.
The easy way is to have your hike organised by one of the mountaineering organisations. They will transport your luggage and you yourself from trail to hotel and provide for guides if you want. A better way to explore the trail – the hard way - is with a tent and staying in mountain huts. This means carrying your own food and water. Springs are few. The trail is described in an English guidebook. Maps can be purchased from the local mountaineering organisations.
- Sergey 2018-04-23 20:07:25
Booking the mountain huts
- Can you give me the contacts of Orjen Mountain hut and Planinarski Dom Za Vratlo.?