- Name Beacons Way
- Lengte van pad 161 km, 100 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 10 dagen
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
100 miles, 161 km, 8 days
The Beacons Way winds through the Brecon Beacons National Park. This mountain range in the south of Wales consists of high moorlands, grassy slopes and patches of ancient forest. It involves a lot of climbing and descending through rather rough terrain, so you need to be in good shape. As the guidebook says: "the ability to navigate in thick mist with a map and compass is essential." You will climb for instance Pen y Fan, 886 m high. This ensures stunning views of the lovely green landscape of hedgerows below.
- Minacker Mei 2019
- Beoordeling 9
- Positief Fantastic views, challenging if walked over 7 days, friendly folk
- Negatief Very busy around Pen y Fan
- John P Augustus 2014
- Beoordeling 8
- Positief The trail passes through some of the highlights of the Brecon Beacons such as Pen-y-Fan, Llanthony Priory and the Dan yr Ogof caves. Well worth the walk.
- Negatief Navigation a bit difficult in places especially in the mist