- Name Coed Morgannwg Way
- Lengte van pad 58 km, 36 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 3 dagen
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
36 miles, 58 km, 3 days
This rugged trail in South Wales follows old Celtic roads and passes even older settlements from the Bronze Age and Iron Age. You will also come across remains from the industrial era. The path is a mixture of open land and forest tracks. The name Coed Morgannwg refers to the forests of Margam, Cymmer and Rheola. A pretty tough hike.
- John P November 2016
- Beoordeling 6
- Positief This trail goes through a relatively remote part of South Wales with lots of trees and moorland. There are views off the escarpment by Craig y Llyn and down wooded valleys. Coffee and cake is available from a number of cafes on route. Margam castle and abbey is a great place to end, and there are some places of historic interest on the way.
- Negatief Waymarking and maintenance is very poor, mountain bike trails have taken precedence. The route marked on the map is blocked or inaccurate in a number of places. Accommodation options do exist but are limited. Transport options at the end of the walk are limited.
- South Wales Valleys Walking
- Walking in the South Wales Valleys guide from Cicerone Press with 30 day walks and two multi-stage routes suitable for a leisurely weekend, all highlighted on extracts from the Ordnance Survey Landranger series.Recommended walks are grouped into five chapters: the valleys, western ridges, eastern ridges, coast and vale, and history and... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Walking in the South Wales Valleys
- A walking guidebook with 32 day routes and 2 weekend backpacking routes (the Coed Morgannwg Way and Glamorgan Ridgeway) across the valleys, ridges and coast of South Wales. This now-green landscape has superb walking opportunities in an easily accessible area. Packed with Roman, Celtic and other historical interest. Read more
- Gareth Davies 2012-05-11 14:59:01
coed morgannwg walk
- How many miles would it be to take the trail but start at Dare Valley Country Park and finish at Margam Park?