- Name Traversée de Charlevoix
- Lengte van pad 105 km, 65 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 7 dagen
- Start van pad Parc des Grands-jardins
- Einde van pad Mont Grand-Fonds
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
Parc des Grands-jardins – Mont Grand-Fonds, 105 km, 7 days
This is a well known and popular wilderness hike in the forested Laurentian Mountains, Quebec. It is perhaps exaggerated to call it a mountain trail, because it stays in the valleys mostly, often using logging roads. Besides walkers, cyclists and skiers also use the trail.
Geologically this is a special area, because the rocks date back one billion years.
The hike is also attractive because there are cabins (simple ones and nice ones) at regular intervals. Camping is also possible.