- Name Frenchmans Cap
- Lengte van pad 46 km, 29 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 5 dagen
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
3-5 days, 2 x 23 km, December - April
The challenging Frenchmans Cap trail will bring you to the summit (1446 m) of the once important landmark for ships sailing the west coast of Tasmania. The peak is located in the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, in the heart of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. It was here that a hydro-electric scheme was projected in the Gordon River, but luckily abandoned. Now you can enjoy forested hills, moorlands, the south coast shore, exotic valleys and wildlife.
- bigkev April 1995
- Beoordeling 8
- Positief Excellent mountain scenery, huts, ingenious track routing between Lake Vera and Lake Tahune.
- Negatief The 'sodden Loddons', trekking through deep mud on the Loddon Plains. The track has since been re routed so shouldn't be as muddy.