- Hiking belle 2018-08-07 10:24:07
Frankfurt to Italy on the E1
- Hi. I am taking my 11 year old daughter for a wander from Frankfurt to Scapioli Italy starting late August. Has anyone started from this point or does anyone have maps they would like to pass on or sell and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is it hard to follow the route via markers or do we need detailed maps? Last minute I know but hey if we don't go when we have the opportunity we may never go.
- rainer.m 2017-09-01 21:38:40
- Hallo in die Runde.
Ich möchte mir den Teil des E1 als GPX herunteladen, von Hamburg bis Genua. Ich habe die entsprechenden Teile angeklickt, aber es lässt sich nicht herunteladen. Was mache ich falsch?
LG... Rainer aus Bochum
- email@example.com 2017-04-12 14:19:53
Hike part of the E1
Hello Dears, I'm going to Europe at the end of may and I'm thinking to do part of the route E1, i would like to start in south of Germany untill north of Italy, going through Switzerland. I have few questions about the route.
Do I need to have any permission to hike the trail?
Can I camp during the route?,
Are there campsites on the route?
What is the main thing i need to know about this route?
If someone can help me with this questions, i will be really grateful.
- Ken Caldwell 2017-05-28 16:37:14
For the Italian part of this route, see our hike report on this page (Traildino E1 page).
You do not need permission to hike this part of the route.
I have no information on camping - suggest you look at the campsite websites for northern Italy.
- Jacob Sudell 2016-03-16 22:23:26
E1 from Konstanz!
- Hi all!
Im hoping to get some advice on acomodation for my trip through the alps on E1 inay June.
I've seen some poeple on forums say that 'free camping' is not allowed but is widely accepted in alpine areas. Im doing this on a tight budget so if this is possible i'd prefer to free camp also. Do you think this is possible?
- Glaucus 2015-11-12 18:56:48
planning and reaources
- I'm looking at planning a long distance hike along for 2017
E9 Plymouth to Hoek van Holland
E8 Hoek Van Holland to Limburg
E1 Limburg to Palermo
But there seems to be next to no resources available unlike all the long distance trails in the united states. and website I have found main through this site. Google translate is doing a terrible job of translating.
Does anyone know any better resources for these sections. List of maps, guides or anything else of use.