Strategically located at the northwestern corner of the Persian Gulf, squeezed in between Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, lies the tiny oil state of Kuwait. Surrounding the city of Kuwait are flat expanses of desert. The only hilly part is Mutla Ridge near the border with Iraq. Reaching just over 300 m it is the highest point of Kuwait.
So what about hiking in Kuwait? Although hiking is in no way a popular passtime, the Kuwaiti do very much enjoy camping out in the desert. Camping season lasts from November till March, but to enjoy nature go in February or March, when wild flowers blossom in the desert.
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Koeweit - Kuwait and Kuwait City | ITMB
- Kuwait & Kuwait City Travel Reference Map 1 : 390 000 / 1 : 15 000 ab 10.49 EURO 1st edition Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Irak - Kuwait | Reise Know-How Verlag
- Iraq with Kuwait at 1:850,000 on a light, waterproof and tear-resistant map from Reise-Know-How with enlargements for Baghdad and Kuwait City. The map, published by Reise-Know-How as part of their highly acclaimed World Mapping Project, is double-sided to provide the best balance between a good scale and a convenient size sheet. Names of main... Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Naher-Osten, Midden Oosten | Freytag & Berndt
- Carte routière du Moyen-Orient Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Saudi Arabia & Kuwait - Saudi Arabië en Koeweit | ITMB
- Saudi Arabia & Kuwait Travel Reference Map 1 : 1 750 000 / 1 : 390 000 ab 10.49 EURO Central Riyadh, Kuwait City Centre. 2nd edition Read more