- Name Greensand Ridge Walk
- Lengte van pad 64 km, 40 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 3 dagen
- Traildino graad EW, Makkelijke wandeling, natuurpad
40 miles. 64 km.
This route (not to be confused with the Greensand Way in Kent) across Bedfordshire, north of London, is a combination of green countryside and history. The Green Sand Rigde is a sandstone formation between two valleys. The ridge itself is largely forested. Creeks run through the gently undulating countryside.
- Wandelgids 54 Pathfinder Guides Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire | Ordnance Survey
- Both counties tend to be underrated by walkers, often overlooked in favour of the delights of the Thames Valley or the hillier Chiltern country of Buckinghamshire. But they do possess much fine walking country, with a diversity of terrain, gentle hilly regions, lots of pleasant woodland, attractive riverside landscapes and an impressive... Read more