- Name Minster Way
- Lengte van pad 83 km, 52 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 4 dagen
- Start van pad Beverley
- Einde van pad York
- Traildino graad EW, Makkelijke wandeling, natuurpad
Minster Way, Beverley - York, 52 miles, 83 km, 4 days
A Minster is a honorific title given to a church, a very old custom in England. A Minster is not per se a cathedral or a large church. It can be a simple parish church, or even a ruin. The Minsters of Beverley and York are fine churches with long histories, and the Minster Way connects them. The trail goes over farmland and takes in a part of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- Aaron Barnes Januari 2013
- Beoordeling 7
- Positief Walked in snow early 2013. Some fantastic sections, especially over the Yorkshire Wolds. Interesting history including Beverley and York Minster. A nice mix of walking, although the 1st day is a little bland. A stay at Beverley YHA is highly recommended.
- Negatief No services on day 1 between Beverley and North Dalton, not even a single shop. The route is surprisingly remote here.