- Name Great South West Walk (GSWW)
- Lengte van pad 224 km, 139 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 16 dagen
- Start van pad Portland
- Einde van pad Nelson
- Traildino graad MW, Gemiddelde wandeling, trektocht
- Huttentrektocht graad T1, Wandeling
224 km, 16 days
They call it 'nature's own symphony in four movements'. The four natural environments being the forest, the pristine river, the white sandy bays and the rugged capes. The trail loops 224-247 km (depending on whether you take any ferries) between Portland and Nelson, West of Melbourne, southern tip of Victoria. There are 16 camp sites, 10-20 km apart. The trail is an easy hike for most.
- bigkev November 2005
- Beoordeling 7
- Positief Well marked easy track, good facilities at campsites, Good introduction to long walks in Australia
- Negatief Beach section can be very soft, forest section can get a bit monotonous.