- Name Mare a Mare Sud
- Lengte van pad 75 km, 47 mijl
- Lengte in dagen 5 dagen
- Start van pad Porto-Pollo
- Einde van pad Porto-Vechia
- Traildino graad EW, Makkelijke wandeling, natuurpad
If you like to hike on Corsica but the GR20 is too ambitious for you, consider the easier trails Mare a Mare and Mare e Monti. These hikes are easier and in fact more varied than the high route, because they lead you along the coast, into extensive (chestnut) forests with their famous Corsican "wild" swines (EU registered), past villages, through the "maquis", and yes, also over the high mountain ridges.
Mare a Mare actually are three trails connecting east and west coast: the north trail, central trail and south trail. Each section ends in a village where usually a hotel or gîte d'étape is welcoming you.
One word on "easier": don't expect a lazy time on Corsica. This island is wild and mountainous. Summer is hot. You will be swimming, yes, if not in the Mediterranean, then at least in your own sweat.
- Leo Moons Juli 2009
- Beoordeling 8
- Oranginas, long distance hiking trails Europe Maart 2003
- Beoordeling 9
- Positief The trail is of an unique beauty and well marked (orange stripes). Pigs, pigs and more pigs….rivers with melting water, hidden villages, the famous maquis, the views at the snow on tops of the mountains, flowers everywhere, archaeological remains of former residents, there is so much to see…
- Negatief Some Gites d’étappe are closed until April
- Walking in Corsica
- This guidebook gives details of 3 long-distance walking routes in Corsica - Mare e Monti, Mare-Mare Nord and Mare-Mare Sud - which cross the island, and also describes 18 day-walks in prime spots both in the rugged mountains of the interior and the softer southern coastal fringe. Good local information. Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Pim 2017-01-17 19:47:27
Camping on mare a mare sud
- Does anybody know if it is possible to put up a tent near the gites on the mare a mare sud